Thursday, July 21, 2022

 

valfreyja's accountability ๐ŸฅŸ๐Ÿ„๐Ÿฃ๐Ÿฉฐ❄️


151 replies to this topic

#1 valfreyja

    Sage

  • Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

    Posted 17 March 2021 - 03:30 PM

    I'm starting treatment soon because my compulsive purging is ruining my health (life). I have the initial assessment in a couple of months, but I feel I have to get down to a certain weight before then. I'm really worried about all of this but will record things here for a while.

    7 week plan: 750 kcals per day

    Breakfast: nothing or porridge sachet.
    Lunch: homemade soup (and up to 1 slice sourdough w butter).
    Dinner: main meal (choose option from recipe books up to 500kcal).

    Eating in the day usually makes me feel I need to purge it, and the only days I have managed to go without purging recently have been those that I fasted for most of or the entire day. I want to be able to eat a wholesome meal in the evening but have to avoid feeling the need to purge it. This is just my initial plan and I might need to change it depending on how my body feels in the next few weeks - if I manage to avoid the purging, I might be able to increase calories a bit.

    #2 valfreyja

      Sage

    • Accountability access
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 958 posts

      Posted 18 March 2021 - 04:30 AM

      18/03/21
      Breakfast
      Cinnamon porridge (made with water and a splash of vanilla soy milk stirred through) w homemade plum jam/compote that I made quickly last night. Black coffee as always. Trying to drink less coffee and a lot more water/herbal tea though and have had a couple of mugs of roibois, honey & spiced fig tea ๐Ÿค5c87664620195367d629a9c9f0033fff.jpg

      Really need to focus on work today but my brain is so fogged up lately.

      Lunch
      Minestrone soup

      Dinner
      Beetroot, sweet potato mash, gherkins & tomatoes, potato thing. This was so good <3 I added himilayan pink salt, black pepper, oregano (the only herb I had left lol)

      7094ca50cb72b4e36649de4702a62c71.jpg

      #3 valfreyja

        Sage

      • Accountability access
      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • 958 posts

        Posted 18 March 2021 - 12:42 PM

        Just ate this - same potato things as dinner with beetroot and gherkin - and a mug of instant cinnamon porridge. Really really trying not to purge - I feel extremely full :(fdd279a615fb8c078107231ddb4f374d.jpg

        Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk

        #4 valfreyja

          Sage

        • Accountability access
        • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
        • 958 posts

          Posted 19 March 2021 - 03:54 AM

          19/03/21

          Breakfast
          This morning went badly - thought I could have this 250kcal pain au chocolat but didn't feel comfortable keeping it down so ate more and then purged - it barely came up and was really acidic and painful, counting as 500. Going to drink lots of tea and maybe have soup for dinner.

          bdee78a90296a69b0019cd5a7d0d872f.jpg


          Lunch
          Sushi - this was good but I feel full and fighting purging it. Will see how I feel tonight but I think it's safe to say I'm done for the day... After this morning w the purging and now I've got some healthy food in me so should be fine the rest of the day. My boyfriend is taking me to the shop to buy some food tonight so can stock up on veggies for soup and some other bits. Taking it easy today because I've been unwell, but need to get myself together soon.
          94fbc03f922ff2d06fc183705e3443d8.jpg

          #5 valfreyja

            Sage

          • Accountability access
          • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
          • 958 posts

            Posted 19 March 2021 - 06:41 AM

            Thinking I am going to need to go back to fasting through the day and only eating once in the evening. When I was doing this I felt headachey and dizzy while fasting so much (combined w my already weird electrolytes from purging a lot) but it did help me avoid purging and I felt a lot more content with my intake.

            Edit: ^ probably a good idea as I have purged and felt out of control eating (bingey but not a large amount of food) twice today. Just purged some chocolate and mini tiramisu - I can't eat things I'm not okay with keeping down. Purging needs to not be an option anymore because it's hurting my body so much.

            #6 nocturnes

              Advanced Guru

            • Accountability access
            • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
            • 757 posts

              Posted 19 March 2021 - 08:10 AM

              following, good luck! maybe try electrolyte drinks to get rid of the headache?


              #7 valfreyja

                Sage

              • Accountability access
              • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
              • 958 posts

                Posted 19 March 2021 - 08:49 AM

                stellstar, on 19 Mar 2021 - 08:10 AM, said:

                following, good luck! maybe try electrolyte drinks to get rid of the headache?


                Thank you!! <3 I've actually ran out last week so I think I'll have to stock up on them & some painkillers

                #8 valfreyja

                  Sage

                • Accountability access
                • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                • 958 posts

                  Posted 20 March 2021 - 09:35 AM

                  20/03/21
                  Breakfast
                  Nothing
                  Lunch
                  Went for a walk w my bf and he got me a small soya chai latte from my fav Costa - it's always quiet and the baristas are so enthusiastic and always make the drinks really nicely!! Afterwards I went to the shop but bought a lemon cake bc it was discounted to £2 - of course ended up eating half of it and purging. Need to stop expecting myself to be able to eat that type of food - I regret the first bite and instantly decide to fill up on it just so that I can purge. I used to be so afraid of sugar, dairy and most carbs but at least it meant I wasn't purging them - just avoiding in the first place. Recording my days like this is making me realise that my ED has shifted into something that might be more like bulimia. I think that writing all of this down will help me figure out wtf is going on with me before my ED assessment. Post b/p chamomile tea in my new mug:

                  0d83c828d6981463d88e00659760626b.jpg

                  Again my face has instantly swollen up. Mostly under my jawline - the glands are the size of avocado stones. Hate this because I look so much worse. I've been at my lowest weight this year (other than maybe when I was 14/15) but my face looks chubbier than ever because it is puffy and swollen and shapeless. Back of my throat stings more than usual. Sipping more tea (roobois with honey and spiced fig)

                  Dinner
                  Purged :( red cabbage + something I'd never normally eat (which caused me to purge bc dairy ah): fancy aged cheddar mac & cheese that I bought because it was reduced from £6. Froze the other 2/3 of it. I think when I try to eat the rest of it I will have to have it as a side - can't deal w this amount of dairy. c1a5c067ff95fb0974e9656f974035f9.jpg

                  B/p again after this :(((
                  And again at 11.30pm because issues with bf. Feel so alone and small.

                  #9 valfreyja

                    Sage

                  • Accountability access
                  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                  • 958 posts

                    Posted 21 March 2021 - 09:25 AM

                    21/03/21
                    Breakfast
                    458f9044526c5ee766e71393441420b6.jpg
                    Lunch
                    Went to see some horses <3 then went to the shop and bought ingredients for black (rye) bread. Got home and b/p. Ate this slice of seeded sourdough w 100% peanuts pb and honey to keep down. dce590167a1b4de390fc55978b69c4fd.jpg

                    Dinner
                    Homemade pierogi <3 with potato salad. I didn't finish this. a33e7b65c23295eebed2a79705c65cb5.jpg

                    I don't want tomorrow to be a day of purging again. I made some porridge with semolina, vanilla alpro and cinnamon - it was perfect! I hate waking up feeling hungry. When I was fasting during the day, I didn't have this same hunger in the morning and was happy not to eat. Now that I am eating again in the day, I keep doing stupid things and purging. Like I can't trust myself to eat sensibly - I have to just avoid food entirely or I end up purging repeatedly. I am so exhausted with this. At least I have ended the day on a good note keeping down some pierogi and porridge, and tomorrow I can wait until dinner to enjoy something substantial. I might have soup, sourdough and porridge.

                    #10 valfreyja

                      Sage

                    • Accountability access
                    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                    • 958 posts

                      Posted 21 March 2021 - 01:37 PM

                      New plan:
                      Fast until evening
                      Eat a substantial and comforting meal for dinner.

                      On some days I can have soup or porridge but generally will fast in the day to avoid b/p.

                      #11 LunarDragonfly

                        Advanced Guru

                      • Accountability access
                      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                      • 783 posts

                        Posted 22 March 2021 - 11:24 AM

                        That sounds like a very difficult situation (not only you aren't eating much but also you purge it) but I really really hope you're doing fine today and your plan will work!

                        (Btw pierogi are my favorite food - especially those with cabbage and mushrooms - they have the least calories of any pierogi's I know but anyway I don't eat them often as the dough is not so dietetic - it breaks my heart)


                        #12 valfreyja

                          Sage

                        • Accountability access
                        • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                        • 958 posts

                          Posted 22 March 2021 - 02:24 PM

                          Dark Thoughts, on 22 Mar 2021 - 11:24 AM, said:

                          That sounds like a very difficult situation (not only you aren't eating much but also you purge it) but I really really hope you're doing fine today and your plan will work!
                          (Btw pierogi are my favorite food - especially those with cabbage and mushrooms - they have the least calories of any pierogi's I know but anyway I don't eat them often as the dough is not so dietetic - it breaks my heart)


                          Thank you so much, today did actually go a lot better. I spent the day studying and preparing dinner (my boyfriend came round for dinner) so kept busy and didn't purge all day.

                          Ahh I love them too! <3 I made some with cheese and potato and some with buckwheat and mushrooms. I have a recipe for them with strawberries, honey and pistachios! Haven't tried but bet they are amazing.

                          #13 valfreyja

                            Sage

                          • Accountability access
                          • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                          • 958 posts

                            Posted 22 March 2021 - 02:37 PM

                            22/03/21
                            No breakfast/lunch
                            Dinner
                            Tonight's dinner was so good! I spent quite a long time preparing it but everything went well and it was worth it for a lovely meal with my partner. I made cabbage rolls stuffed with brown rice, onions and vegan meat, and a polish bigos inspired stew (my local shop didn't have any sauerkraut but I used lots of cabbage and vegan sausages). It was the nicest meal I've eaten in ages! We shared some sourdough to dip in the stew and I had two of yesterday's pierogi with some pickled red cabbage. I totally forgot to put the sauce over the cabbage rolls but was delicious still.
                            82d405a81f8e810a2c978543f1619e90.jpg
                            Made some cinnamon and semolina porridge with vanilla alpro <3 I can't believe how good this combination is!!

                            My stomach felt bad before eating this but now it really hurts - feels a lot like period pain? It could somehow be that, but I think my stomach is just really inflamed/irritated because of how much I've been purging in the last few weeks. Hopefully tomorrow can be like today. I keep worrying about needing to quickly lose before my appointment, but actually I'm really worried that I will be told to gain the weight back. I suppose that I can't be forced to do anything and that it's worth giving it my best effort.

                            #14 valfreyja

                              Sage

                            • Accountability access
                            • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                            • 958 posts

                              Posted 23 March 2021 - 04:19 AM

                              23/03/21
                              Stupid me bought a bar of chocolate and b/p. That was seriously just me making stupid impulsive decisions - I know that I can't eat stuff like that without purging. At least it was not a lot and hopefully I can continue the rest of the day as if it didn't happen. It's frustrating because purging really exhausts me now and my body is constantly aching and sore. When I got out of bed this morning, the top of my thighs, right under my hips, were so stiff and achey that I kept stumbling and tripping over myself! I haven't walked much or worked out lately (I used to work out daily but with all this purging I just think it's going to do more damage). I think low potassium can affect muscles? Not sure. But I hate waking up feeling worse than when I went to bed. Slipped up w purging today but need to keep going and keep trying.

                              I haven't weighed myself in a while because I'm sure my weight hasn't changed but my body image is really bad lately. The bloating and swelling after keeping meals down recently has been insane - like 6 months pregnant rock solid uncomfortable stomach. My jeans are tight and all of my clothes look awkward on me because my body looks so weird and flabby. I know I'm being overly critical and I'm pretty sure that it is not as bad as I think, but it's difficult to get past. I just need to lose about 10lbs more, stop purging and be able to work out again.

                              Dinner:
                              Cabbage rolls
                              04ea3d1ffbd2d749cfb31b46bcb54448.jpg
                              Thinking of having a mug of porridge this evening too.

                              #15 valfreyja

                                Sage

                              • Accountability access
                              • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                              • 958 posts

                                Posted 24 March 2021 - 01:13 PM

                                24/03/21
                                Today wasn't great - b/p three times. Aside from that I ate a slice of sourdough toast and two pierogis for dinner.

                                My partner's friends invited us round for drinks in a few weeks. Feel I need to be very strict with myself now to lose consistently until then. I haven't really seen anybody for months and want to look thinner. Realistically I can't lose a lot in that time :( I will have to just stick to very strict low cals and hope for the best.

                                Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk

                                #16 LunarDragonfly

                                  Advanced Guru

                                • Accountability access
                                • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                                • 783 posts

                                  Posted 25 March 2021 - 08:34 AM

                                  A few weeks is better than a few days! It is not enough for a big change but enough for some change (still better than nothing).

                                  With your diet (I think) you already had to lose a lot of weight - maybe you're not noticing it but they will. By looking at your accountability, I guess that it is hardly possible for you to gain weight- especially with purging so much.

                                  I hope that one day you will overcome your eating problems and will be happy to meet with friends - proud of your body and not worried about anything :wub: It might sound surreal now but I believe in you because you're a fighter!


                                  #17 valfreyja

                                    Sage

                                  • Accountability access
                                  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                                  • 958 posts

                                    Posted 25 March 2021 - 10:14 AM

                                    Dark Thoughts, on 25 Mar 2021 - 08:34 AM, said:

                                    A few weeks is better than a few days! It is not enough for a big change but enough for some change (still better than nothing).
                                    With your diet (I think) you already had to lose a lot of weight - maybe you're not noticing it but they will. By looking at your accountability, I guess that it is hardly possible for you to gain weight- especially with purging so much.
                                    I hope that one day you will overcome your eating problems and will be happy to meet with friends - proud of your body and not worried about anything :wub: It might sound surreal now but I believe in you because you're a fighter!


                                    Ah thank you, this honestly brightened up my day so much because I have been feeling awful about things lately and this was so uplifting to read <3 you're right, logically I must be losing or at least maintaining but I feel bigger..my body reacts quite badly when I actually keep food down lately so I think it must be bloating and swelling. Hoping that the next few weeks I can get myself together and cut out the purging and stick to my plan. Thank you soo much for your kind words, I really hope you are doing & feeling okay yourself <3

                                    #18 valfreyja

                                      Sage

                                    • Accountability access
                                    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                                    • 958 posts

                                      Posted 25 March 2021 - 01:04 PM

                                      25/03/21
                                      Today was okay, I had some porridge in the day and didn't purge all day - except - my dinner. It was actually such a good meal and didn't want to purge, but I challenged myself with dairy and inevitably couldn't keep it down.
                                      5a52bbdc98f674533c557b4a93296ee7.jpg

                                      I made some black bread today and had some of that after purging my dinner. It was really good, but I think some water got in while steaming it because it is quite sticky, really similar to malt loaf.☺️
                                      5742efd658f777b3a6d714daab386408.jpg

                                      I also had a doctors appointment today, the doctor dealing with me now is really lovely and helpful. She even asked me if I could think of anything she could do to help me or support me while waiting for my assessment <3 she said that my bloods were okay but I have high urea and one of my proteins was low. She said that could be due to my diet and not eating enough generally. I think maybe the high urea is linked to dehydration? I've recently had kidney problems (infection, stones and sepsis) likely due to dehydration from purging. Need to drink more!!! Or just not purge. The doctor also said she was pleased I was accepted by the eating disorder treatment service because apparently their criteria is very strict because their treatment is quite intensive... Omg when she said that I was like oh god what have I signed up for... I am quite worried about it - my mind is totally wrapped up in my ED and it feels like the only thing that can help me manage stress and guilt and heart ache... If I stop taking my hurt out on myself, I'll have no where to put the pain... I feel like I'll just implode.. I don't know how I will even begin to recover when my mind isn't willing. I want to stop purging, and that's why I agreed to all of this, but I'm very afraid of being told what and when and how much to eat and to gain weight... God I feel huge as it is.

                                      #19 quasimodogirl

                                        Sage

                                      • Accountability access
                                      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                                      • 947 posts

                                        Posted 25 March 2021 - 01:14 PM

                                        the food you post looks so beautiful! challenging myself to only bp one time today and you're giving me some needed motivation :) I admire your commitment to documenting everything as well

                                        Nothing worthwhile

                                        #20 valfreyja

                                          Sage

                                        • Accountability access
                                        • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                                        • 958 posts

                                          Posted 25 March 2021 - 01:46 PM

                                          quasimodogirl, on 25 Mar 2021 - 1:14 PM, said:

                                          the food you post looks so beautiful! challenging myself to only bp one time today and you're giving me some needed motivation :) I admire your commitment to documenting everything as well

                                          Aww thank you so much, my food is so random at the minute trying not to waste everything I've made recently. How has today been for you?? It's so tough getting past it... I've been all over the place over the last few weeks. And aw haha I religiously take pics of my meals like even in front of people ffs and they just sit in my photo library most of the time 

                                          Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk

                                          -


                                          -


                                          -

                                          No comments:

                                          Post a Comment